Looking for a tool to create perfect podcasts? If so, look no further than the Garageband with which you can create wonders. It is a versatile way to create podcasts on Mac devices. If you are a beginner, instead of choosing something expensive it is a very good idea to rely on something popular like Garageband to create podcasts. People looking to create new podcasts usually turn to Audacity as it is open-source and works on any computer. But, Audacity is not designed for every purpose. If you are a Mac user you might like to use something like GarageBand because it comes with its default.
This workstation has many outstanding features using which users can create mind-blowing albums. If you are new to GarageBand and want to create some wonderful podcasts, you can learn to do so from here itself.
Table of Contents
What is GarageBand?
GarageBand is a popular digital audio workstation designed for Mac devices. If you are an Apple user you might end up liking it a lot as it is capable of creating professional podcasts. You can find this software on all Mac devices and possibly on Windows PC if you follow our instructions. To add sound in GarageBand, you require a microphone, interface, or musical instrument connected via USB or MIDI ports. You can also add pre-recorded sound effects. You can create a professional pop music album using GarageBand. It is undoubtedly considerable software to create and edit podcasts with the features like metronome are turned off given that they are only meant for musicians.
How to Record and Edit a Podcast in GarageBand?
GarageBand is a very useful tool to create podcasts for free on Mac devices. You can learn how to create podcasts using GarageBand here. By the end of this article, you will learn how to record and edit a podcast in GarageBand. First, we shall learn how to record a podcast in GarageBand.
How to Record a Podcast in GarageBand?
- Open GarageBand and if this is your first time it will open the most recent file you have used. Otherwise, you can open an Empty Project. Observe everything that appears on the screen. You can also access Project Templates on the left side of the interface.
- To start the sound, select the microphone.
- When the project opens you can select the “Time” from the top bar of the screen by clicking on the down arrow in the right of that box.
- Turn off the little box that reads “1234” with the picture of a metronome.
- It is good to save the file often to avoid any loss of data. You can save the file by clicking on “Save As” and also choose the location where you want to save it.
Go to “GarageBand,” and select “preferences.” Now click on Audio/Midi and select the input device as microphone and output device as headphones. The GarageBand’s Library has different types of vocal templates like Bright Vocal, Narration Vocal, Fuzz Vocal, etc. You can explore different vocal styles and choose the one that goes well with your podcast. You can use the “delete” option to delete the tracks you don’t need anymore. To add a new track you can choose the option “New Track”. The round red icon is the record icon. You can create your track in GarageBand by dragging the mp3 file into the software.
How to Edit a Podcast in Garageband?
Editing the podcast with GarageBand is a pretty easy thing to do. All you need is an editing menu to get the job done. On the top left-hand corner of the screen find four icons and open the editing menu by clicking on the scissors icon. Select the track you want to edit and if you want to mute it, click on the mute icon symbol. For the podcasters out there there is a huge library of free music available.
- First, select the track you want to edit.
- If the track has some unwanted music anywhere you can cut that by properly placing the playhead.
- Open the editing window and place the cursor over the played. A cross icon is made which on clicking will cut it. You can delete the remaining part by highlighting it and clicking on the delete option.
Note that GarageBand is only designed for Apple platforms and if you aim to only create a podcast you may not want to invest in an Apple computer. Also, not everyone is ready to learn audio editing as they may find it difficult. For beginners who want to learn sound design, GarageBand is the best option.
How to Mix Audio in GarageBand Podcast Production?
To make a perfect audio cut you have to mix it while podcast creation. The process is as follows:
- On the top menu go to Mix and click on “Show Automation.”
- Select volume below the track and click on the region to adjust. Match the volume level by matching the points.
- Drag to match the points.
GarageBand requires you to save the file to share the podcast. Though a media host is used with GarageBand podcast production it is not possible to send the podcast directly to your host.
- Go to Share and select Export To Disk.
- Select the file format, location to save, and the bitrate.
- After saving it, upload the file to the media host and later you can publish it to directories if you want.
Garageband is a super cool tool to edit sound and music. If you are longing to create a podcast and looking for an easy way out, GarageBand could be the best choice for you. With the extraordinary features it has, you are going to make the best podcasts even if you are a newbie. There is a lot to learn in the software and you can create and explore the best of the best podcasts with GarageBand at hand. You can record, edit, save and upload the files onto the media host effortlessly with GarageBand.
Have more questions about Garageband? Check out our FAQs page, or write your queries in the comment box.